Hey there Spring 2018 HHM makers + vendors! Here are the last minute details you'll need before the day of The HHM.
- For patrons, Friday night advance tickets are on sale through Monday the 21st via TheHipHandmadeMarket.com/admission. They are $15 and include access to the appetizer spread hosted by Clark's Catering, complimentary cocktails for those 21+, and shopping before everyone else between 5:30-9pm. Tickets go up to $20 at the door. Free limited edition Spring 2018 HHM Totes to the first 15 through the door.
- Maker Mixer - Friday, March 23rd between 9-10pm (this is after the HHM Happy Hour time + is free to you!)
- Saturday is 9am to 4pm and entry is a $2 donation to Art Feeds. We will have giveaways for the first 25 through the door + to shoppers every hour. (details below)
- Makers will get to eat, drink, barter, and socialize from 8-9pm on Friday, March 23rd. These refreshments are on the house! Food vendors will not be set up for Friday but will have a ticket at the front door on Friday night to join us for shopping + the mixer.
- We'll keep coffee going all day in the maker/worker lounge on Saturday.
- We will be providing some lunch on Saturday. There are also some restaurants close by and you can always ask one of us for recommendations over at the info booth.
- Your Friday night will come with a complimentary cocktail for those of you over 21. You will get 2 free fountain drinks per booth for Saturday. There is also a bar available where you can purchase a drink or two. (hooray!)
- When coming to set up, you can pull up right to the west side door to unload, but please unload and move your vehicle out of the way quickly so that others can do the same.
- There is a gravel parking lot just west of the event center past the rail road tracks. Please park there after unloading. There is plenty of street parking as well, but let's make sure we save the good parking for those wanting to come give us their monies.
- If you leave the event center after setting up on Friday, please be back by 5:15pm! The party starts at 5:30!
- You can set up as early as Friday evening I'll be there from 2 to 7pm.
- On Saturday you can set up beginning at 7am, just please make sure you give yourself enough time to be set up before 8:30am.
- 931 East 4th Street in Joplin
- You can click each image below to enlarge it.
- Since we are in a new space, the layout might be subject to change. math is hard you guys.
- Please be considerate of each other and the isles for patrons while setting up your display.
- Please prepare accordingly. You may run extension cords from the wall, but because they are going across the walk way, we need something to cover them. We will have a couple of area rugs and runners but if you are planning on doing this, please come prepared. Also be considerate of those makers and the booths you'll be running your extension cords from... if you set up later in the day their booth may already be set up and you'll have to work with them to ensure their items are safe. Because the Empire Market is still a work in progress, the lighting in this space isn't the best so please bring your own lighting if this is important to you.
- We ask you to donate at an item or items equal to $10 or more for the giveaways on Saturday.
- You may check in at the info booth after you've unloaded and set up or before that's up to you, just make sure you do it before the you leave on Friday night. Those will be separated in groups of equal amounts and we will do a giveaways every 1/2 hour on Saturday. That morning you will be given some entry slips, you should give one out per purchase. The more someone shops from different booths, the more chances they have to win. Patrons should fill out the forms themselves at the info booth, we'll have pens there and they can put them in the box there too! Cut off will be every 1/2 hour, we'll draw a name, then dump out the entries and start over. They have to be present to win.
- We're also giving away HHM tote bags to the first 15 customers through the door on Friday and the first 25 on Saturday so you could place items or coupons in there also! Please let me know if you're interested in this as soon as possible. I would need your items for this by Friday the 23rd at 4pm.
- Go here for your Media Packet.
- Use #SpringHHM so we can direct people to see all that you have up your sleeve! We will be reposting and sharing throughout the HHM and these days leading up to it.
- With less a week left, we need a big push from everyone to ensure that his thing will be amazing!
- Of course I will be there doing whatever is needed and trying to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.
- My husband Mathew/Mat (yes, just 1 T) will be there to help on Friday also. He's the big guy with the muscles and the dimples.. If something isn't working properly, he can usually fix it.
- We'll have volunteers including Amanda, our staple helping out on Friday and Saturday. They'll be walking around making sure you're taken care of. Making sure that you have everything you need is their job. You can trust them at your booth if you need to go to the bathroom or sit in the vendor lounge in the quiet for 5 minutes. They've totally got your back. Just don't abuse their time. YOU are responsible for your booth.
- Tara is taking care of some of our social media, so be sure to tag us and we will repost as much as we can.
- Meg and her crew from Art Feeds Joplin will be running the photo booth and keeping the vendor lounge stocked! Be sure and thank them for all of their hard work.
- Don't forget to get your picture taken at the Mitzi Starkweather Photobooth!
We all really like you and want nothing more than for you to succeed at this! So whatever you need or have questions about, don't hesitate to ask!
Finally. Before you call me, ask yourself, "Is this textable?". Then, if you really feel that you need to talk it out and not text, please still text me that we need to have a convo and we can schedule a chat! If you would like to contact me with any questions, if you need directions or anything else at all, my number is 417.793.3230.